Carbon fiber is one of the most important members of the advanced fiber family, with properties such as high strength (according to the type of fiber 7 to 10 times that of the steel), low density (about 70% that of aluminum), excellent electrical conductivity, texture and fabric production , Making light and strong composites resistant to heat, distinguishes it from other engineering materials. Due to its super mechanical, thermal and electrical properties, carbon fiber enjoys a wide variety of applications, and a large amount of its global production is used as a composite.
Carbon Fiber has the specification of 1K, 3K, 6K, 12K, 24K, chopped fiber, etc. which widely applied in aerospace, sport goods, medical equipment, infrastructure, and boat building industries. Mainly used in strengthening and retrofitting of structures and their components such as beams, columns, bridges, pipes, silos, etc.
Unidirectional Carbon Wrap (UD carbon wrap) Properties
- Dense uniform fabric, good softness
- Easy to shape, good structure
- Light weight, high strength, high modulus, anti-corrosion, and conductive.
- High strength with low weight
- Minimal change to structure’s shape, weight or appearance
- Corrosion resistance
- Thermal compatibility
- Flexible wrap conforms to any shape
- Excellent fatigue behavior
- Faster repair than alternative methods
- Welding and heavy equipment not needed
- Minimal disruption and noise during preparation or installation
- Low total cost
Unidirectional Carbon Wrap (UD carbon wrap) Advantages
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is of light weight, and the density is only 1/4 of that of steel;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is of high strength that 1mm of the fabric, without increasing weight and sectional size of the original structure, will have the effect of reinforcement;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is of high flexibility that it can cover structures with special shape closely and it can be operated in a narrow space;
- Operation and application of the carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is convenient and efficient, and it requires no large machines, tools or wet construction;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is of strong applicability that it can be applied for reinforcement in various structures made of concrete, masonry and wood;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric can resistant to a variety of harsh environment that it is of corrosion resistance, acid resistance, alkali resistance and salt tolerance;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is pollution-free, non-toxic and tasteless.