What is FRP?
Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) is comprised of a polymer material (such as epoxy, vinyl-ester, or polyester) reinforced with a fiber (such as carbon, glass, Kevlar, basalt, etc.); thus the name is Fiber Reinforced Polymer or FRP. The fibers are the main source of strength and stiffness in FRP. The resin serves two primary purposes: a) it distributes the load among all fibers, and b) it protects the fibers from environmental effects such as abrasion, corrosion, etc. FRP’s have physical properties that are different when measured along different axes or directions. By orienting the fibers in the desired direction, one can achieve the required strength in each direction. Three main types of FRP materials are described below.
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) is mainly in the structural reinforcement of beam, column, wall, floor, piers and beam of building structures. The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric produced by AFZIR Company applies the high quality and high strength carbon fiber with special process, and characterized as even distribution of carbon fiber, small deviation in flatness and thickness and easy penetration of resin, giving full play to the reinforcement of carbon fiber.
- Dense uniform fabric, good softness
- Easy to shape, good structure
- Light weight, high strength, high modulus, anti-corrosion, and conductive.
Mainly used in strengthening and retrofitting of structures and their components such as beams, columns, bridges, pipes, silos, etc.
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is of light weight, and the density is only 1/4 of that of steel;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is of high strength that 1mm of the fabric, without increasing weight and sectional size of the original structure, will have the effect of reinforcement;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is of high flexibility that it can cover structures with special shape closely and it can be operated in a narrow space;
- Operation and application of the carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is convenient and efficient, and it requires no large machines, tools or wet construction;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is of strong applicability that it can be applied for reinforcement in various structures made of concrete, masonry and wood;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric can resistant to a variety of harsh environment that it is of corrosion resistance, acid resistance, alkali resistance and salt tolerance;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is pollution-free, non-toxic and tasteless;
Carbon Fiber has the specification of 1.5K, 3K, 6K, 12K, 18K, chopped fiber, etc. which widely applied in aerospace, sport goods, medical equipment, infrastructure, and boat building industries.
GLASS FIBER FABRIC
Glass fiber reinforced polymer (GFRP) plain, bi-axial fabric that is combined by direct roving. The structure has rationality when using.
- Well-distributed, uniform tensile strength, good vertical performance.
- Fast impregnation, good mold drapability, easily removing air bladder.
- High mechanical strength, less strength loss in wet condition.
It has high mechanical property, anti-corrosion. Widely applied on yacht, auto, sports equipment, cooling tower.
ARAMID FIBER FABRIC
It is manufactured by aramid fiber on plain, twist, satin weave.
Aramid fiber unidirectional fabric has excellent mechanical properties and can be applied in various forms of reinforcement. Aramid fiber unidirectional fabric has the properties of resisting bend, shearing, compression seismic and wind, durable usage, controlling extension of fissure and deflection and strengthening the ductility of structures.
Aramid fiber unidirectional fabric has excellent chemical stability that it can prevent the reinforced and repaired structures from being damaged by acid, alkali, salt and ultraviolet erosion. Aramid fiber unidirectional fabric has the strong ability of adapting to climate change and fire retardant coating can easily cover the reinforced structures to prevent fire. What’s more, aramid fiber unidirectional fabric has unique advantages compared to traditional means that it can strengthen the adaptation of structures towards severe external environment to prolong the life of the structure; and the light weight and high strength of aramid fiber unidirectional fabric will add almost no volume and weight to the structure.
The operation of aramid fiber unidirectional fabric is quite easy that it can be operated with small electric tools and in a limited space that the traditional technology cannot meet. The application of aramid fiber unidirectional fabric will greatly shorten the work stoppage; greatly reduce the economic losses and social influence for its fast speed, short construction period and operation in the continuous traffic vibration condition.
For the flexibility of aramid fiber unidirectional fabric, it can closely connected to the structure, will not change the shape of the structure and suitable for the coating. As a result, the reinforcement traces will not be seen.
Technical parameters of unidirectional fabric
- Dense uniform fabric.
- Easy to shape
- High strength, high tenacity, anti-corrosion, good insulation.
Apply on anti-ammo products, yacht, sports equipment, etc.