Utility poles made with concrete, steel or wood are used in a various industries such as electrical, telephone and wireless communication industries. These structures face a variety of challenging issues. FRP technology offers a unique cost-effective method to repair or strengthen utility pole. Our technologies can address virtually all conditions for strengthening timber, concrete or steel poles and towers.
In short, Afzir provides the savings, speed, versatility, and durability owners, engineers, and contractors need to repair and strengthen vital infrastructures on time and within budget.
Features & Benefits of FRP Retrofitting
- Repairs are fast with no disruption of service
- minimum increase in column dimensions and footprint of the pole
- Repairs are applicable to all type of materials (steel, concrete, timber, …)
- increases axial (tension and compression) and flexurl capacity of columns
- Repairs required minimum excavation only to remove the cone
- Minimal loss of diameter of manhole due to repair
- Repairs are fast with minimal downtime