Carbon wrap fabrics are provided in unidirectional and two-directional fabrics and are capable of installation in different directions to improve mechanical properties in a specific direction. Carbon fibers offer the highest modulus of all reinforcing fibers. Among the advantages of carbon fibers are their exceptionally high tensile-strength-to-weight ratios as well as high tensile-modulus-to-weight ratios. In addition, carbon fibers have high fatigue strengths and a very low coefficient of linear thermal expansion and, in some cases, even negative thermal expansion. This feature provides dimensional stability, which allows the composite to achieve near zero expansion to temperatures as high as 300 °C in critical structures such as spacecraft antennae. If protected from oxidation, carbon fibers can withstand temperatures as high as 2000 °C. Above this temperature, they will thermally decompose. Carbon fibers are chemically inert and not susceptible to corrosion or oxidation at temperatures below 400°C.
- Dense uniform fabric, good softness
- Easy to shape, good structure
- Light weight, high strength, high modulus, anti-corrosion, and conductive.
- High strength with low weight
- Minimal change to structure’s shape, weight or appearance
- Corrosion resistance
- Thermal compatibility
- Flexible wrap conforms to any shape
- Excellent fatigue behavior
- Faster repair than alternative methods
- Welding and heavy equipment not needed
- Minimal disruption and noise during preparation or installation
- Low total cost
Mainly used in strengthening and retrofitting of structures and their components such as beams, columns, bridges, pipes, silos, etc.
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is of light weight, and the density is only 1/4 of that of steel;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is of high strength that 1mm of the fabric, without increasing weight and sectional size of the original structure, will have the effect of reinforcement;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is of high flexibility that it can cover structures with special shape closely and it can be operated in a narrow space;
- Operation and application of the carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is convenient and efficient, and it requires no large machines, tools or wet construction;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is of strong applicability that it can be applied for reinforcement in various structures made of concrete, masonry and wood;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric can resistant to a variety of harsh environment that it is of corrosion resistance, acid resistance, alkali resistance and salt tolerance;
- The carbon fiber unidirectional fabric is pollution-free, non-toxic and tasteless;
Carbon Fiber has the specification of 1.5K, 3K, 6K, 12K, 18K, chopped fiber, etc. which widely applied in aerospace, sport goods, medical equipment, infrastructure, and boat building industries.